HoC’s environment is one that is supportive, kind and functions as a team. To ensure an enjoyable time, all members are required to review and abide by the FC Rules and Policies at all times.
1. Respect your fellow members; Be understanding of differences, treat your FC-Mates, their abilities, contributions and achievements, as you would want yourself to be treated.
2. Play how you want to; We encourage everyone to play at their own pace and spend their time in-game doing what they enjoy most. It's not a race or a competition to be the best or have the best, we're all here to help and support each other.
3. Spoilers; please refrain from revealing too much information regarding the Main Story quest for our newer players to enjoy it as we all did our first time. This rule is not limited to the content of FFXIV, we also expect spoilers about other games, TV shows, and movies to be kept out of FC Chat. If you'd like to discuss any of those topics with your FC-Mates take the conversation to a private in-game chat, DMs or Discord spoiler channels.
4. Mediation/Concerns; should be brought to Norma or an Officer to help facilitate positive resolutions.
5. Discord Server/Facebook Group; is an extension of our FC outside of the game to communicate. Membership to each is only valid for current HoC members, others will be removed by weekly roster clean.
6. Raiding/Group Content; If you sign up for a group be sure you can arrive when scheduled to be courteous of others time. If you have something preventing you, please let them know to find a replacement for you.
7. Inactivity; Removal is possible if inactive in-game for 45+ days and haven't informed an Officer/Leader that you plan to return. Removal from in-game does not mean you are no longer a part of HoC, you will just need to be re-added when you return to the game.
8. Rank System; Promotions are earned based on if the rank defines the character. Time with the FC plays a small part in promotions and will remain something that is earned and maintained based on participation, kindness, attitude and the willingness to help others. Dismissal is possible for any rank if they are found to no longer be a positive impact on the FC. Demotion is possible if the character is no longer a reflection of the ranks definition. See Rank Definitions in a separate post for more information.
9. FC Chat Etiquette; must be adhered to at all times to be courteous of others all chat channels should remain an enjoyable, helpful and positive atmosphere.
- Be mindful of the message you are sending, not every topic is meant for a public channel.
- Refrain from excessive sarcasm, offensive and foul language, and vulgarities.
- Keep any negative thoughts or disapproval of FF content elsewhere.
10. Have Fun and Relax FFXIV is an escape for all of us for one reason or another. We want that escape to provide enjoyment and to be a soft place to land after a long day. Keep your time and the time of others around you in-game a positive one by leaving any IRL stressors at the login screen and unwind with us in Eorzea. Acknowledge there are real people behind these characters; always be kind, considerate and offer to help as you're able and spread those positive HoC Vibes we all know and love!
As always if you have any questions or need clarification on anything please reach out.
FC Rules and Policies
Norma Bates / May 21, 2018